Multipoint vibrating wire piezometers, also called multilevel piezometers, provide measurements of pore-water pressure at different elevations in the same borehole.
Isolation of the pore-water pressure at each elevation is achieved by the fully-grouted installation method.
• Measurement of ground water pressure at different elevations
• Monitoring soil consolidation activities
• Dams and fill embankments
• Landslides monitoring
• Natural or cut slope sites
• Deep excavation
• Simple installation
• Long-term stability
• Cable length does not affect reading
• Long working life and reliability
• Built-in surge protection (overvoltage)
• Built-in temperature sensor
• Hermetically sealed
Mikkelsen - Piezometers in fully grouted boreholes
Field performance of Fully Grouted piezometers
Electric and Vibrating wire piezometers
FAQ#018 - What kind of overvoltage protection is built in the vibrating wire piezometers?
FAQ#016 - Are the vibrating wire piezometers equipped with temperature sensors, or is the temperature sensor an option?